BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CRSimmons
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I need to install SAS on my 64 bit computer. I have the MS Office 2016 64-bit installed.

I have two choices for SAS

SAS 9.4 TS1M1 32 bit version

SAS 9.3 TS1M2 64 bit version

Neither will load the deployment wizard.  It tries and then stops functioning. I have tried the computer's internal CD drive and an external drive. Both read and load documents fine in other instances.

I am not a technical person and our IT people don't seem to know how to help.

All assistance is appreciated.

thanks

C. Simmons

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

If you have an active license you should be able to talk to SAS about getting the appropriate version.

The OS itself can have an impact as well.

Are there any messages why that occur. I might suspect that the license for files may have expired, in which the program installer will not install as it expects a valid license at the time of installation.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What OS version are you installing on? If it is Windows 10, then you need at least SAS 9.4M4 I think to be compatible. I would recommend getting the latest 64-bit SAS release 9.4M5 if installing on Windows 10. 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @CRSimmons,

besides the great suggestions provided by SuperUsers @SASKiwi and @ballardw:

How much RAM memory do you have on that PC?

I think better to install SAS 9.4 on 64-bit if your machine is 64-bit, except it you install SAS Enterprise Guide only, which will install in the required bitness by itself.

I would like to ask you to check in the log of the SAS Deployment Wizard. Those logs will tell you more about what is going on. THose logs can be found under your %APPDATA%\Local\SAS folder.

Please check those logs and compare with this SAS Note: http://support.sas.com/kb/40/012.html

That kind of behaviour normally suggests that its execution might require additional memory for the Java Virtual Machine of the SAS Deployment Wizard. The note/link includes instructions on how to pass that error.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation