BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kumarsandip975
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

On our analysis of checking license key file we could see there is NO LICENSE NUMBER on the couple of key files which is delivered to us.

Could you please confirm whether this will cause any impact while applying the LICENSE files.

It has something like this

*LICENSE=SAS;

Normally I think it should be. 

*LICENSE=SAS <license number>;

4 REPLIES 4
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

This is something one should contact SAS Support / SAS Partner.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can run PROC SETINIT on all of your SAS installations to confirm your site number(s) and name(s). You should have a licence file containing the site number and name for each installation due to be re-licensed.

kumarsandip975
Quartz | Level 8

@SASKiwi I think you are talking about current license which will help us to get details of site number/SAS Software from PROC SETINIT. 

We need to renew our licenses, the one which we receive software license renewal order email have NO LICENSE NUMBER on the couple of key files which is delivered to us.

Previous year it was with LICENSE NUMBER, so not sure it will impact anything while applying the licenses. Hence, we wanted to make sure before applying licenses.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@kumarsandip975 - I've never seen a licence without a site number except for trial ones which are typically for a period of a month or so.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation