BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TomFeer
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello

I am upgrading a mid-tier server (Web Apps) from SAS 9.4 M7 21W31 to SAS 9.4 M7 22W17.

I could do all the installations and configurations at our site. During the installations all SAS Web Apps were started. (The compute tier has got 22W17 and security hotfix of 22Q03 (March) installed and is running. I did redeploy and rebuild on mid tier but no installation of 22Q03).

However after installation, the SAS Web started, but not the others web apps with signon features.

- Do I also need to install the security Hotfix of 2022-I (end of March) on the mid-tier?
- What and where do I need to change tika-parsers/pom.xml (see below)?

- I have checked that the following Hotfix are not in the software package 22W17. K4X002, K9X001 and L2A001 . Are they missing on mid-tier?

The log of Catalina tells the following catalina.2022-05-13.log (full log is shown):

13-May-2022 16:55:47.934 WARNING [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.tika.config.InitializableProblemHandler$3.handleInitializableProblem org.xerial's sqlite-jdbc is not loaded.
Please provide the jar on your classpath to parse sqlite files.
See tika-parsers/pom.xml for the correct version.
13-May-2022 16:56:01.730 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] sun.misc.ObjectInputFilter$Config.lambda$static$0 Creating serialization filter from !org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanComparator
13-May-2022 18:42:04.420 SEVERE [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.startElement Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.springsource.tcserver.serviceability.deploy.TcContainerDeployer
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ListenerCreateRule.begin(ListenerCreateRule.java:68)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1277)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:182)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1339)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2784)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:505)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:842)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:771)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:643)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1535)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.parseServerXml(Catalina.java:617)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:709)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:746)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:475)

Regards

Thomas Feer

3 REPLIES 3
AMSAS
SAS Super FREQ

I recommend you open a TS track for this question.

Please include the following:
- SAS Version you are running (the following code will report SAS version information)
%put &sysvlong ;
%put &sysscpl ;
%put &syssite ;
- Registry Report (*.txt files) for each server, please clearly name the report files to reflect the server it was executed on.
- Detailed description of the issue you are encountering
- Any supporting log files containing errors

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @TomFeer 

After applying product related hot-fixes, you should apply security update followed by supplemental hot-fix update and then rebuild and redeploy web applications.
You shouldn't update or modify any file manually unless mentioned in the hot-fix document post install steps. Under a single hot-fix number umbrella there could be sub numbers specific to components which would be visible as the actual hot-fix number from the server report. If you are running a multi-tier architecture then the best bet is to run the wizard and apply the hot-fix and security update on all the tiers to be sure that all the fixes are applied as needed as components could be spread across tiers.

Reference: https://tshf.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/security/sas-security-update-2022-03-M7/security-up...

Thanks!

TomFeer
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your attention and your help.

I did reinstall the SAS M7 with 22W17 - a very new software pool. I could install with all the SAS Tools and our scripts the compute tier. That was fine and perfect. I started to install the mid tier (SASWEB) on a separate server. I used the SAS Tools for installation and configuration. After that I started and stopped the SASWEB Services. Everything was fine and worked as expected.

What was the problem. Our following scripts had a change executed that was documented in git and transferred to the key folders in SASServer[1,2,12]_1 and replaced the correct versions. However we also backed up the version of the SAS configuration. After that manualsettings I could not restart the SASWEB services. When I revert the process in manualsettings the SASWEB services started as expected.

So it was an issue with the files bin/setenv.sh and conf/server.xml. The files conf/jaax.config and WEB-INF/web.xml were not changed by config-process at all.

My issue is now solved.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation