BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Arsenio_Staer
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all,

I'm installing SAS 9.4 Win x64 and the deployment wizard never shows the SAS Home window where I specify the installation folder. I get to the component selection screen, sid file and all the way to the installation start but I don't get that screen. Is there any way to specify the installation folder?

I have SAS 9.3 winx32 installed on the same machine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Arsenio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Here's the relevant text from the SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide...

Specifying a Different SASHOME (Windows only)

When you first use the SAS Deployment Wizard on Windows, you are asked to specify the location

where you would like to have your SAS software installed, referred to as SASHOME. The location

you enter that first time is then used as the default for all subsequent usage. If you would like to use a

different location for SASHOME than the default, use the ‐changesashome command to force the

SASHOME dialog in the SAS Deployment Wizard. The SAS Deployment Wizard will then use this

new SASHOME as the default.

Note: Windows only allows one active SASHOME. If an already defined SASHOME contains active SAS

software and you want that SAS software to remain active, then -changesashome should not be

used.

Usage

‐changesashome

Example

setup.exe ‐changesashome

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Here's the relevant text from the SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide...

Specifying a Different SASHOME (Windows only)

When you first use the SAS Deployment Wizard on Windows, you are asked to specify the location

where you would like to have your SAS software installed, referred to as SASHOME. The location

you enter that first time is then used as the default for all subsequent usage. If you would like to use a

different location for SASHOME than the default, use the ‐changesashome command to force the

SASHOME dialog in the SAS Deployment Wizard. The SAS Deployment Wizard will then use this

new SASHOME as the default.

Note: Windows only allows one active SASHOME. If an already defined SASHOME contains active SAS

software and you want that SAS software to remain active, then -changesashome should not be

used.

Usage

‐changesashome

Example

setup.exe ‐changesashome

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

For migrations (life cycle management) sas has documented: Peaceful Coexistence: SAS 9 and SAS 8.2

Earlier releases of SAS 9 did register the installed shared components in the Windows register. That can be problem causing mix-ups of releases. Knowing that you can circumvent that..

As you have already 9.3 on your machine and wanting to add 9.4 that is a migration question.   It is in the Windows registry where that info is kept.

The trick of mark is adding that new location as an option to the installer. 

It is probably not a good idea mixing op a 32-bit and a 64-bit version on the same machine when you are going to use the interactive  (OCX active-x) with Eguide and Base/Foundation on that machine.

It could work but also it could not work. I have never tried that and did not see any post on that.  I am interested in what you are able to achieve.

For the java clients there is no Windows registry dependency. They can be deployed as a copy process. The SDW is complicating that, the advantage must be the SASHFADD tool usage.

After the installation changing that installation is done by files/programs located in that <sashome> location.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Arsenio_Staer
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Jaap and Mark! The command line option is working. I really hope that I can have both installed at least during the transition period.

Best,

Arsenio

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation