BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Experts,

I was trying to configure controlled access to SAS Environment Manager GUI  to a Custom Group only but could not. Out of the box SAS Viya Rules by default Grant access to Authorized Users for object uri /SASEnvironmentManager/ which mean basically all users.

In order to restrict this access to SAS Environment Manager to Custom Group Only, I have created a Custom Group with few members (Administrative users) and have assigned GRANT for object uri /SASEnvironmentManager/ in Rules page.However I could not achieve this restriction, I could still see that all Authorized user still have 'Read' only access to SAS Enterprise Manager.

Unfortunately I don't see more specific on this in documentation. 

Thanks in Advance for insight on this. Appreciate if possible specific steps to achieve this.

Regards/Hissam

2 REPLIES 2
alexal
SAS Employee

@syedhisam ,

Please go to SAS Environment Manager -> Security -> Rules. In Object URI filter enter SASEnvironmentManager and show me a screenshot with all objects that will be found.

syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

Please find attached screen-shot

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation