BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a strange situation and I feel I tried everything I could. Here is the situation:

Fact:

SAS 9.4 was installed by a new co-worker and he did the setup by registering the metadata server on one of the network interface (the bad one of course :()

Our server has 2 network interfaces: let's call them <hostname>.good.local and <hostname>.bad.local

Trigger:

I'm trying to upgrade SAS from 9.4TS1M3 to 9.4TS1M5

Issue:

When the configuration occurs during the upgrade process, if fails on stage 8 (refresh/renew content) saying that it can't connect to the metadataserver.

If I look closely, I can see it tries to reach the metadata by connecting to <hostname>.bad.local

What I tried:

I checked the sasv9* config files and they're using .good.local

I tried the "hostname update" from SAS Deployment manager" - It succeed but still the error

I tried to change the etc/hosts file from my computer to trick it but no luck

I tried to manually change every files containing .bad.local and replace it with .good.local - No luck

I tried to "renew entire configuration" after all the previous steps are done but no luck. Worst, I see that it changes back from the configuration files .good.local by .bad.local.

Questions:

Is there a way to make it stop using .bad.local?

How can he still use it when I removed it everywhere possible?

Thanks for your help

18 REPLIES 18
alexal
SAS Employee

@el_grom,

You have to change host name references using the SAS Deployment Manager:

Using the SAS Deployment Manager to Update Host Name References

el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @alexal,

This is the second point I mentioned in section "what I tried".

It didn't help (procedure succeed but same result when upgrading)

Jérôme

alexal
SAS Employee

@el_grom,

Did you try that before or after the upgrade?

el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6

@alexal,

I did before the upgrade

As this is a VM, I did a snapshot before trying each steps and revert it when the upgrade failed

@nhvdwalt,

Good news, I'm on Windows too (I should have mentioned that)

However, this file was modified.

I did a full scan with powershell to find each mention of <hostname>.bad.local then change every possible (= editable) file

When I start the upgrade, files point to <hostname>.good.local and during the upgrade process ,files are modified back to <hostname>.bad.local

So weird

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

I see you already changed /etc/hosts but it didn't work, I wonder why.

What happens if you add the 'good' IP address with the 'bad' hostname and then ping to 'bad' hostname ? 

Or even a telnet...

telnet bad.host 8561

el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6

Actually, when I change the host file, I see (with netstat) that it starts listening on .good.local IP but, during the upgrade process, it switches to .bad.local IP.

Then, probably messed up with routing table (answers done to the other network interface or smthg)

I see in one of the logs file that it know the server with both FQDN and both IP.

This is the weirdest thing: I actually see it rolling back the config files during the update process

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi @el_grom

I only have a Windows machine handy, but try look in ..\<<config dir>>\Levx\metadataConfig.xml

el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6

To be complete, here is (a part of) the log:

[propertyfile] Updating property file: D:\SASConfig\Lev1\Logs\Configure\webinfpltfm_config_status.properties
Checking for listener at <hostname>.bad.local:8561
     [echo] The metadata server is successfully running on: <hostname>.bad.local:8561

updateContent:
     [echo] +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
     [echo] |**************CHECKING CURRENT VERSION TO DETERMINE IF UPDATE IS REQUIRED************|
     [echo] |Current ConfigureVersion ${webinfpltfm.configobj.version}=9.4_M5
     [echo] |Previous Order Customer Version = 9.4_M3
     [echo] |Current Order Customer Version  = 9.4_M5
     [echo] +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
     [echo] SAS Web Infrastructure Platform is not at the version required for this order so it will be updated
     [echo] |Updating content for SAS Web Infrastructure Platform at 2018-11-06-16.21.46
     [echo] |From Version = 9.4_M3
     [echo] |To Version   = 9.4_M5
[createObjectTypes.groovy]      [echo] Processing object type Machine (50)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 
[createObjectTypes.groovy]      [echo] Encoded password
[createObjectTypes.groovy] java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:79)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:172)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:580)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:180)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:463)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:558)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:242)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:339)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:357)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:1062)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:998)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:916)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:95)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.java:599)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:904)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:740)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePojoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:761)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:749)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:167)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod0(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:195)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at scriptdef_createObjectTypes.setupConnection(scriptdef_createObjectTypes.groovy:67)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:95)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.java:599)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:337)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodOnCurrentN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:77)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at scriptdef_createObjectTypes$_run_closure3.doCall(scriptdef_createObjectTypes.groovy:138)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:252)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:740)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:292)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:305)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.splitEachLine(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:6874)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.splitEachLine(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:6845)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ReflectionMetaMethod.invoke(ReflectionMetaMethod.java:51)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.NewInstanceMetaMethod.invoke(NewInstanceMetaMethod.java:54)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:904)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePojoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:761)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:749)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:167)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at scriptdef_createObjectTypes.run(scriptdef_createObjectTypes.groovy:119)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:459)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:400)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.codehaus.groovy.bsf.GroovyEngine.exec(GroovyEngine.java:108)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.script.ScriptDef.executeScript(ScriptDef.java:347)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.script.ScriptDefBase.execute(ScriptDefBase.java:50)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30.invoke(Unknown Source)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
[createObjectTypes.groovy]      [echo] Setting output prop msg
[createObjectTypes.groovy]      [echo] Setting output prop rc
     [echo] loadPlatformContentTypes return code: -2
     [echo] loadPlatformContentTypes status: Error creating types: Connection refused: connect
[propertyfile] Updating property file: D:\SASConfig\Lev1\Logs\Configure\webinfpltfm_config_status.properties

BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASWebInfrastructurePlatform\9.4\Config\webinfpltfm_config.xml:4312: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASWebInfrastructurePlatform\9.4\Config\webinfpltfm_config.xml:4229: Error creating types: Connection refused: connect
	at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(ProjectHelper.java:541)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:394)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

My concern here is that even if we do find the answer to this one, we'll just get to then next one, etc. This is 'weird territory' as I like to call it....

Is there any opportunity to maybe just do a complete re-install ? Might be more effort, but it buy you confidence in the installation.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Are we 100% sure the connection refused is because of wrong hostname and not invalid credentials maybe ?

What does the Metadata server log say ?

el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6

Am I 1000% sure? No

Few first tries, I thought it was due to something in the WebInfrastructurePlatform as it failed during this particular step. Following the error, I managed to point the Metadata Server.

I consider the bad password but:

1) The logic behind the password (our logic) is respected

2) I tried to update them with the deployment manager and it succeed (except for sasadm@saspw but I suspect something else)

In the metadataserver logs from D:\SASConfig\Lev1\SASMeta\MetadataServer\Logs\, the file produced during the failed step shows a bunch of these

2018-11-07T10:22:23,184 INFO  [00000097] :sasadm@saspw - New client connection (6) accepted from server port 8561 for user sasadm@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:<ip>]:50425 for APPNAME=ConnectionService 904500.
2018-11-07T10:22:23,184 INFO  [00000097] :sasadm@saspw - Request made to cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001).
2018-11-07T10:22:23,184 INFO  [00000097] :sasadm@saspw - Redirect client in cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001) to server SASMeta - Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AY000001) at <hostname>:8561.
2018-11-07T10:22:23,274 INFO  [00000106] 6:SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Client connection 6 for user sasadm@saspw closed.

The only message flag with "ERROR" is

2018-11-07T10:21:54,554 ERROR [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - ERROR: 20181107:10.21.54.55: 00000007:ERROR: Could not find extension: (tkcache)

Otherwise, it's INFO everywhere

Any other idea welcome.

Redo the setup could be considered but will request a much bigger effort from our side to get the same product

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

At the time when you receive ...

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Can you correlate that timestamp to anything in the Metadata server log ?

el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6

From webinfpltfm_updateContent log file, I only have this so I'll focus few minutes around 10:22

updateContent:
     [echo] |**************CHECKING CURRENT VERSION TO DETERMINE IF UPDATE IS REQUIRED************|
     [echo] |Current ConfigureVersion ${webinfpltfm.configobj.version}=9.4_M3
     [echo] |Previous Order Customer Version = 9.4_M3
     [echo] |Current Order Customer Version  = 9.4_M5
     [echo] SAS Web Infrastructure Platform is not at the version required for this order so it will be updated
     [echo] |Updating content for SAS Web Infrastructure Platform at 2018-11-07-10.22.26
     [echo] |From Version = 9.4_M3
     [echo] |To Version   = 9.4_M5
[createObjectTypes.groovy]      [echo] Processing object type Machine (50)
[createObjectTypes.groovy]      [echo] Encoded password
[createObjectTypes.groovy] java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
[createObjectTypes.groovy] 	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)

From SASMeta_MetadataServer log file,

2018-11-07T10:21:53,229 INFO  [00000003] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - SAH011001I SAS Metadata Server (8561), Etat, en cours de démarrage
2018-11-07T10:21:53,639 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - The maximum number of cluster nodes was set to 8 as a result of the OMA.MAXIMUM_CLUSTER_NODES option.
2018-11-07T10:21:53,639 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - OMACONFIG option 1 found with value OMA.SASSEC_LOCAL_PW_SAVE and processed.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,095 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Using AES with 64-bit salt and 10000 iterations for password storage.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,095 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Using SASPROPRIETARY for password fetch.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,095 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Using SHA-256 for password hash.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,412 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - SAS Metadata Authorization Facility Initialization.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,412 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> is an adminUser.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,426 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - SASTRUST@SASPW is a trustedUser.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,427 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - SASADM@SASPW is an unrestricted adminUser.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,554 ERROR [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - ERROR: 20181107:10.21.54.55: 00000007:ERROR: Could not find extension: (tkcache)
2018-11-07T10:21:54,731 INFO  [00000015] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - User libref, RPOSMGR, assigned to path, D:\SASConfig\Lev1\SASMeta\MetadataServer\rposmgr, with server libref, I0000001.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,800 INFO  [00000015] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - User libref, TMP000, assigned to path, D:\SASConfig\Lev1\SASMeta\MetadataServer\MetadataRepositories\Foundation, with server libref, I0000002.
2018-11-07T10:21:54,815 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - OpenRepository Id=A5ZYWAHF, Name=Foundation, PauseState=ONLINE, RepositoryFormat=16, Model=16.01.
2018-11-07T10:21:56,097 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Initializing journal file: Journal/2018-11-07T09_16_06+01_00_Journal.dat
2018-11-07T10:21:56,097 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Using the TKR compression algorithm for the journal file.
2018-11-07T10:21:56,097 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Initial journal file statistics:
2018-11-07T10:21:56,097 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Journal file statistics:
2018-11-07T10:21:56,097 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -                        queue length: 0
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -                     space available: 4611686018427386880
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -                      data available: 0
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -              data available maximum: 29539
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -                        data written: 277200
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -             maximum file entry size: 29539
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -         decompressed data available: 0
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - decompressed data available maximum: 218752
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -           decompressed data written: 1250280
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -     maximum decompressed entry size: 218752
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -        current journal entry number: 10525
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -                  journal entry GUID: 87A993A3-49F0-477E-8B29-E6C1F95D4AB9
2018-11-07T10:21:56,099 INFO  [00000007] :SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> -               journal entry counter: 10526

then few lines later (mind the timestamp) same kind of lines start from 10:21:58

2018-11-07T10:22:39,055 INFO  [00000173] :sasadm@saspw - New client connection (17) accepted from server port 8561 for user sasadm@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:<goodIP>]:50462 for APPNAME=ConnectionService 904500.
2018-11-07T10:22:39,057 INFO  [00000173] :sasadm@saspw - Request made to cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001).
2018-11-07T10:22:39,057 INFO  [00000173] :sasadm@saspw - Redirect client in cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001) to server SASMeta - Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AY000001) at <hostname>:8561.
2018-11-07T10:22:39,168 INFO  [00000242] 17:SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Client connection 17 for user sasadm@saspw closed.
2018-11-07T10:25:08,669 INFO  [00000247] :sasevs@saspw - New client connection (18) accepted from server port 8561 for user sasevs@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:<goodIP>]:50594 for APPNAME=Environment Manager 904500.
2018-11-07T10:25:08,670 INFO  [00000247] :sasevs@saspw - Request made to cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001).
2018-11-07T10:25:08,670 INFO  [00000247] :sasevs@saspw - Redirect client in cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001) to server SASMeta - Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AY000001) at <hostname>:8561.
2018-11-07T10:25:08,675 INFO  [00000253] :sasevs@saspw - New client connection (19) accepted from server port 8561 for user sasevs@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:<goodIP>]:50597 for APPNAME=Environment Manager 904500.
2018-11-07T10:25:08,682 INFO  [00000262] 19:SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Client connection 19 for user sasevs@saspw closed.
2018-11-07T10:25:08,697 INFO  [00000264] :sasevs@saspw - New client connection (20) accepted from server port 8561 for user sasevs@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:<goodIP>]:50598 for APPNAME=Environment Manager 904500.
2018-11-07T10:25:08,705 INFO  [00000273] 20:SYSTEM@<HOSTNAME> - Client connection 20 for user sasevs@saspw closed.
2018-11-07T10:25:29,092 INFO  [00000275] :sasadm@saspw - New client connection (21) accepted from server port 8561 for user sasadm@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:<badIP>]:50612 for APPNAME=Workflow Services 9.4.
2018-11-07T10:25:29,092 INFO  [00000275] :sasadm@saspw - Request made to cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001).
2018-11-07T10:25:29,092 INFO  [00000275] :sasadm@saspw - Redirect client in cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001) to server SASMeta - Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AY000001) at <hostname>:8561.
2018-11-07T10:25:53,478 INFO  [00000214] :sasevs@saspw - New client connection (22) accepted from server port 8561 for user sasevs@saspw. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:<badIP>]:50646 for APPNAME=Logon Manager 9.4.
2018-11-07T10:25:53,478 INFO  [00000214] :sasevs@saspw - Request made to cluster SASMeta - Logical Metadata Server (A5ZYWAHF.AW000001).

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

What do you have in 

D:\SASConfig\Lev1\Logs\Configure\webinfpltfm_config_status.properties

?

In the interest of time, I would suggest you open a ticket with Tech Support. You can PM me the Track # 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation