BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6

There is no such file.

Will do. I'd have expected that this was a dummy issue but it's not 😞

SangaviS
Obsidian | Level 7

Is this resolved? Im having the same issue.

el_grom
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,
Not exactly, we solved this by restarting the services during the upgrade process. (Metamanager or something)
The support guy had access to another more explicit documentation and it did the trick.
My feeling is that you need a lot of luck to make it work. Roll dice
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @el_grom,

well, perhaps late, as I arrived late, but wondering if you have tried to run "sasdm -confighostname <hostname>.bad.local" ? Or "sasdm -confighostname <hostname>.good.local"? 

I wonder if it can help you or others refered to this thread looking for help.

Indeed, the check with SAS Tech Support folks, is the best approach, as they can provide better support.

On the other hand, I do not know how large is your SAS deployment. If it is not too large, perhaps a clean and brand-new install (fixing the bad network config) and a partial promotion could be the best approach for some. Not only you ensure a good install for the longer term, but perhaps it would take less time than this troubleshooting and waiting.

This is what I would advise and do, and I would wonder why upgrade to M5 and no a newer maintenance.

I hope a new perspective can help.

Best regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation