BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Madhan_cog1
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

We have installed and configured SAS 9.4M5 Grid version(Multi tier architecture) in a Linux Environment.

Now we are trying to unconfigure/Reconfigure Middle tier,Application server and Metadata server.

we have unconfigured middle tier first and then Application server .Even after unconfiguring Application server the configuration directory keeps getting created again and again.

Ex:

/sas/config/Lev1

We tried removing the config directory but it keeps recreating after sometime.

Under Lev1 we can see folders like below

drwxr-x---. 5 scesas sasadm 58 Sep 11 18:14 Web
[scesas@scedevgrid1 Lev1]$ cd Web
[scesas@scedevgrid1 Web]$ ls -lrt
total 0
drwxr-x---. 3 scesas sasadm 41 Sep 11 18:13 Applications
drwxr-x---. 3 scesas sasadm 27 Sep 11 18:13 WebAppServer
drwxr-x---. 3 scesas sasadm 27 Sep 11 18:14 Logs

We also see these files in the logs folder under WebAppServer

-rw-r-----. 1 scesas sasadm 86 Sep 11 18:13 vf.gf.acn-license.cfg
-rw-r-----. 1 scesas sasadm 127 Sep 11 18:13 vf.gf.acn-events.txt

Could you please suggest what could be the issue.

Thanks,

Madhan M.

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Madhan_cog1 ,

this is a good question. I would say this question is not really about SAS, or Grid, but about the infrastructure design. If you have the Architecture/Design documents, that would be my first approach to consult, otherwise you can always go to your Storage solution team and ask. 

It seems to me as either you have an SDW script running all the time, or your storage is having a solution to recover by itself in case of disaster (see disaster recovery solution within your organisation).

Madhan_cog1
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the reply.

I suspect the below files are recreated by Vfabric. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

[scesas@scedevgrid1 Applications]$ cd SASWIPSchedulingServices9.4/dip/
[scesas@scedevgrid1 dip]$ ls -lrt
total 8
-rw-r-----. 1 scesas sasadm 86 Sep 11 18:13 vf.gf.acn-license.cfg
-rw-r-----. 1 scesas sasadm 127 Sep 11 18:13 vf.gf.acn-events.txt

Could you also please explain what is that SDW script running all the time.

Thanks,

Madhan M

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Madhan_cog1 ,

as long as SAS Configuration is removed, the vFabric from SAS should be removed. And if vFabric is  properly removed, there is no possibility for it to generate any further file or directory. Or am I missing something from your initial description?

In addition: https://support.sas.com/kb/50/433.html

I think you could check the running SAS-related jobs on every machine (ps -ef), and your crontab. 

Sorry but I must stress it: if SAS is removed, then there is no possibility for SAS to take actions. In that case, it would not be a SAS issue, but from your infrastructure/design/sysadmins. Otherwise, you might not have removed SAS configuration and/or running processes correctly.

For all I read:

a) not SAS related --> Check your design and sys admins: OS, storage, etc.

b) before removing configuration, you might not have stopped all services in all nodes. --> Check ps-ef and crontab.

About SDW I mean SAS Deployment Wizard (setup.sh) or SDM, the SAS Deployment Manager (sasdm.sh), what you used to change the SAS installation.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation