BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

When I try to install SAS on my x32 pc and after importing the license files( in this license Base SAS is covered) in the next steps open a window(External Account: Trusted User in SAS Deploywizard) that I should enter credentials for SAS Trusted user and the other step enter credentials for sasadm. What should I do? 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
dpage
SAS Employee

What product(s) are you attempting to install? If you just want the SAS Client software, you shouldn't see prompts for sastrust or sasadm - verify your selection of machine if you're using a plan file. 

If you're after a larger offering, you will find more details in SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biig/69172/HTML/default/n05020intelplatform00install.htm 

It gives some information about the prompts you're seeing, with links to more details about setting up users. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you only want to have Base SAS (no clients or additional software), then I'd recommend to only install SASFoundation from the list and omit the Configuration step entirely. You will then have to create the links, sasv9.cfg and autoexec.sas that you want on your own, but the installation itself is hassle-free.

If you want a whole SAS system, OTOH, you need to pay attention which deployment plan you use. Something like SASFoundation - Single Machine should suffice.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation