BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi masters!

I have my SAS software depot and when I execute the SAS deployment wizard always show a message to update PC Files Server when I only want update an existing configuration for another service.

How can I see the option to configure it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

The "SAS 9.4 Guide to Software Updates" manual covers the process of updating your SAS software.

There is a section that outlines how to Install and Configure a Software Update.

In these steps it states you must stop _all_ SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers.

If you are unsure how to operate the servers this is covered in the "SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: System Administration Guide" manual.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

It is best to ensure all the software on the system is of a matching version. You may run into problems if you have software from different releases trying to interact.

Why not just allow the SAS Deployment Wizard to deploy the updated SAS PC File Server?

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

thx @SimonDawson for your response!

The problem is when I try to update the pc files server with SAS deployment wizard I get the message: "unwritable files" 

Kind regards

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

Is the SAS PC File Service running when you attempt to update the software?

To make changes to the software deployed on this machine please do ensure there is no SAS software running when you launch the SAS Deployment Wizard.

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

@SimonDawson I dont know if the service for PC File Server is running, it's in automatic, then, Do I need to stop all SAS services?

For every update or configuration change Do I need stop all?

Thx for your quickly response 🙂

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

The "SAS 9.4 Guide to Software Updates" manual covers the process of updating your SAS software.

There is a section that outlines how to Install and Configure a Software Update.

In these steps it states you must stop _all_ SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers.

If you are unsure how to operate the servers this is covered in the "SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: System Administration Guide" manual.

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Thx @SimonDawson i will read this guides! 

Kind regards

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation