BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAICAPPSUPPT
Calcite | Level 5

SAICAPPSUPPT_0-1584975056096.png

I will appreciate any solution or ideas to this problem. 

Thanks

Errors Below

BUILD FAILED
D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\deployagent_install.xml:491: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\deployagent_install.xml:201: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\deployagent_install.xml:674: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\deployagent_install.xml:691: exec returned: 255
at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(ProjectHelper.java:541)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:418)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)

5 REPLIES 5
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13
Do you see any error in the log file? The GUI has a very generic error message.
SAICAPPSUPPT
Calcite | Level 5
I have looked through the log file and seen these errors.

BUILD FAILED
D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\deployagent_install.xml:491: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\deployagent_install.xml:201: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\deployagent_install.xml:674: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\deployagent_install.xml:691: exec returned: 255
at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(ProjectHelper.java:541)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:418)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @SAICAPPSUPPT 

Are you doing a clean (first time) installation of SAS on this Machine? If No, Did you properly uninstall SAS for the previous one?

Can you check if any of the port used by agent is in use? Also, Is it possible to share complete log?

SAICAPPSUPPT
Calcite | Level 5

I am re-installing SAS on an old machine. I did a full un-install going through the SAS documenatation. I am attaching the error logs. 

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This may be too late but perhaps could help any one with the same issue.  I experienced this while installing a Lev2 and the error occurred due to SAS Deployment Agent had same named service as Lev1 install.  The trick is if the binary install SDW page is still up (not terminated).  what I did was to navigate to 

<some dir>\SASHome\SASDeploymentAgent\9.4\service-wrapper\wrapper.conf' and edited the entries 
# Name of the service
wrapper.ntservice.name=SAS Deployment Agent_2
# Display name of the service
wrapper.ntservice.displayname=SAS Deployment Agent_2
# Description of the service
wrapper.ntservice.description=SAS Deployment Agent_2
(Edited to add _2) > saved wrapper.conf > in SDW clicked on Retry and the install continued.

HTH

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation