BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
paterd2
Obsidian | Level 7

Good day.

I got a question concerning the following.

Is  SAS 9.4 vulnerable for the following postgres flaw ?

Description of problem:

An XML eXternal Entity (XXE) flaw was discovered in the PgSQLXML implementation that is known as CVE-2020-13692. This flaw could possibly allow disclosure of confidential data (such as content of local files), denial of service, server side request forgery (SSRF), or other impacts, if specially crafted XML documents are processed by PgSQLXML.

In order to fix the CVE-2020-13692 issue, the PgSQLXML implementation in postgresql-jdbc was modified to disable loading of external entities and document type definitions (DTD) by default. This change may introduce a regression in environments that rely on processing of external entities or DTDs.

For environments that require processing of external entities or DTDs, it is possible to configured PgSQLXML to use the previous behaviour and perform loading of external objects. This legacy behaviour can be enabled for each database connection by setting the xmlFactoryFactory property to the value of LEGACY_INSECURE.

Note: This setting enables processing of external entities and DTDs and therefore re-introduces the CVE-2020-13692 issue. It should only be used when XML documents stored in a database and processed using the PgSQLXML are fully trusted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @paterd2 

You can find the security bulletins and vulnerabilities related information from SAS at this site: https://support.sas.com/en/security-bulletins.html#security-bulletins

I don't see the postgres one listed. I would suggest you to raise a technical support track to get it confirmed. You can raise a track by emailing the details to support@sas.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @paterd2 

You can find the security bulletins and vulnerabilities related information from SAS at this site: https://support.sas.com/en/security-bulletins.html#security-bulletins

I don't see the postgres one listed. I would suggest you to raise a technical support track to get it confirmed. You can raise a track by emailing the details to support@sas.com

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation