BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have a SAS EBI, OA, & EM install on WIN x64 2016 Standard, I am following this note, excerpt given below, I have run extensive search for the said rstropts folder and could not find it.  I do find it on a Linux platform (separate install).  

What is the path for rstropts on a WIN x64 server based SAS install?

rstropts.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Quentin
Super User

If you start a SAS session and submit:

%put %sysget(sasroot) ;

That should show you what the !sasroot environment variable is set to.  Then if you don't see \rstropts there you could either create it, or call tech support and ask them.

(But I'm not an admin, and never used SAS on a windows server, so I could be wildly off-base.   : )

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hello,
In the SAS Foundation guide for Windows you can find it: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnwx6cg/66385/PDF/default/config.pdf

* !SASROOT\rstropts\
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you Juan, that is what I attempted to highlight in the image I posted, page from the same config guide.  My question was I have checked the path for 2 WIN platforms (BI, EM and CI360) and on Linux (OA)  I did NOT find the rstropts folder where it is indicated in WIN config/companion guide.  I did find it in on Linux. 

The question remains, where is the rstropts folder in !SASROOT on WIN installs?

Quentin
Super User

Maybe try creating the \rstropts folder.  If all it has is this mean config file to restrict poor SAS users, maybe the directory just wasn't created automatically.  And double check that you have the correct !sasroot folder, of course.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

TY for the suggestion, it is supposed to have users and groups sub-folder but that is not the issue, what is the correct level to have this rstroopts folder?  On WIN the config guide has it listed differently Vs. Linux where you would find it at /sas/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/misc/rstropts.  Note the Misc.  I suppose I could use rtrace to see initialization sequence ... unsure.  

🙄 unsure how many !sasroot one would have, I searched from SASHome and even ..\program files\* 😊

TY for your time & suggestion

Quentin
Super User

If you start a SAS session and submit:

%put %sysget(sasroot) ;

That should show you what the !sasroot environment variable is set to.  Then if you don't see \rstropts there you could either create it, or call tech support and ask them.

(But I'm not an admin, and never used SAS on a windows server, so I could be wildly off-base.   : )

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation