BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sangavi
Obsidian | Level 7

One of our users is not able to run PROC S3 and is getting command not found error.

We have aws s3 bucket components installed on the server.

And users are able to run simple linux commands like cp, ls from the command line in the format aws s3 <command>

Do we have to install anything else to be able to run PROC S3 on EG or SAS Studio?

If yes, can anyone tell me how to check if it is installed ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SelerityMichael
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sangavi,

PROC S3 should be available from 9.4M4 onwards. In SAS Studio, click the question mark icon at the top right and then choose "About SAS Studio".  Look for the line that says "SAS release":

SAS release: 9.04.01M5P09132017

From the above example, my system is at M5 - what version are you on?

Cheers

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SelerityMichael
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sangavi,

PROC S3 should be available from 9.4M4 onwards. In SAS Studio, click the question mark icon at the top right and then choose "About SAS Studio".  Look for the line that says "SAS release":

SAS release: 9.04.01M5P09132017

From the above example, my system is at M5 - what version are you on?

Cheers

Michael

Sangavi
Obsidian | Level 7

@SelerityMichael

Hi Michael,

My SAS release version is 

9.04.01M3P06242015

So this must be the reason. Thank you.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation