BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ANLYNG
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Has anyone tried  upgrading Redhat from 7 to Redhat 8 in-place with Viya 3.5 installed?  The easiest is to do in-place but will the Viya software/SAS run afterwards?

Thanks in advance for all comments.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you ask Tech Support for an official answer. In my experience OS upgrades in place are not recommended and there would be no guarantee SAS would still work.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @ANLYNG 
As per SAS documentation that is not possible. (https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/dplyml0phy0lax/n0zjykknqs5ln6n1292uvye8ucrb.htm )

" SAS Viya can only be upgraded on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.x following a new deployment on that operating system. You cannot upgrade the operating system to the newer version of Linux without a full redeployment of SAS Viya."

Better contact SAS Tech Support they will let you know if there are changes to this or if there are work arounds.

ndiack
Calcite | Level 5
Hi @ANLYNG
Were you able to get an answer from SAS to your question?
I have a client who plans to migrate from REHL 7 to 8 in a Viya 3.5 SAS environment and is looking for feedback on the subject.

Thanks
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@ndiack - I suggest you ask Tech Support yourself. Most likely you will get the same answer that has already been posted. Even if it were possible, I doubt SAS would support it.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation