BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

I'm defining a new WorkspaceServer on SASApp (for my installation is called SASMain). After I complete the configuration, I'm select the new Workspace Server on ObjectSpawner and then restart de objectspawner services. But when I try to validate the new workspace server the following menssage appears:

[7/19/17 8:40 AM] INFO: Starting simple validation for Workspace server (level 1) - ping
[7/19/17 8:40 AM] INFO: Ping successful!
[7/19/17 8:40 AM] INFO: Starting extended validation for Workspace server (level 1) - Making a connection
[7/19/17 8:40 AM] SEVERE: Objspawn was unable to find server named SASMainIN.

If continue trying restarting the object spawner, selecting the server on Spawner, over and over, somethings works. There are any explanation for it? I'm using sasadm@saspw as user in SAS MC.

Error 1.pngError 2.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

After I created the new Workspace, and before to associate with Object Spawner, I restart the Object Spawner. After that, I added to the Servers tab on Object Spawner and  I restarted it again. Now, I can validate without errors the new definition.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
alexal
SAS Employee

@MariaD,

How did you create a new application server? By using SAS Deployment Wizard?

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @alexal,

In SAS MC, using sasadm user, go to Server Manager --> SASMain --> SASMain - Logical Workspace Server, With right click on it, I selecting Add Server. In the windows definitions, add name, command, server selected and launch credential.

After confirm the creation, I go to Server Manager --> Object Spawner --> Properties. On Servers tab, I select the new Workspace Server created and restart the object spawner services. As I comment, sometimes, after restart object spawner several times, start to validate the Workspace Server...

We allways do this, without any problem, in 9.2.

Regards,

alexal
SAS Employee

@MariaD,

In SAS 9.4 you have to do that by using SAS Deployment Wizard: Add a New Logical Server in an Existing SAS Application Server

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @alexal,

But if the details explained in this documents: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biasag/63854/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n10006intelplatform...? Please refer to step 6.

Regards,

alexal
SAS Employee

@MariaD,

I'm afraid that I didn't understand your question.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @alexal,

This document, starting on step 6, show how add a server on existing logical server: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biasag/63854/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n10006intelplatform...

My problem is, only in version 9.4 because in 9.2 works fine, that I defined a new server following the steps indicated on that document. After add the new server on Object Spawner and restart it, the error appears during validation process. Without any explanation, If I restart several times the object spawner, sometimes start to working (the connection to the new server). So, I try to understand what is going on. I'm more clear now?

alexal
SAS Employee

@MariaD,

Yes, thank you. There is not a way to tell you exactly what happened without some diagnostic logging turned on when the failure occurred. For both object spawner and the metadata server.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When you validate, you validate the logical workspace server. If more than one physical workspace server is defined "below" that, it's a matter of circumstance which of the physical definitions is used. If one of the physical definitions has an invalid path to the shell script that should start it, your validation will fail intermittently.

Having more than one physical definition only makes sense when you want to load-balance across different machines. If you want different configurations, you have to define multiple application servers (as you can have only one logical WS server within one .app server).

howin0710
Calcite | Level 5

I followed the steps given by you, and could resolve a connection issue which we have been struggling all day.

Thank you so much.

Howin

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @MariaD,

from the same document you refered to, did you applied steps 4 and 5?

here is the thing: what @alexal mentioned was right, normally you would need to deploy a new application server with SAS Deployment Wizard. 

The reason is because the SDW creates the metadata and the file-system folder structures and objects.

If you create the SASApp (SASMain) with SMC only, you will create the metadata objects only, and you still need to create the filesystem folder structure and config files manually (steps 4 and 5 on your doc).

Please try this, and restart the object spawner, so it will be able to spawn the new SAS servers on SASMain.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

After I created the new Workspace, and before to associate with Object Spawner, I restart the Object Spawner. After that, I added to the Servers tab on Object Spawner and  I restarted it again. Now, I can validate without errors the new definition.

Thanks!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation