BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DrDuane
Calcite | Level 5

pP Cube StudioI am on a Windows XP work station, with both Enterprise Guide 5.1 and PC SAS 9.3. I am also a new user of the BI Studio Platform and just got Information Map Studio, OLAP Cube Studio 4.3, Management Console, Personal Login Manager and other BI Suite apps installed. I cannot get OLAP Cube studio to launch, even after reinstallation and rebooting the machine. When I double click it to launch in programs list, I only get an hourglass,or screen flash for a second, then nothing. Information Map Studio launches, but not OLAP Cube studio. Our company is just getting the BI Platform up and running so there are no real experts or historical knowledge available.

Any ideas for me or my SAS Environment steward to look at and try? I noticed there is an issue logged with Windows 8.1 users and the Java code used.

Thanks for any help,

Duane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrDuane
Calcite | Level 5

I figured out how to fix it myself. I went into the add-remove programs > right click on OLAP Cube Studio > Choose "Repair Program". After waiting 10 minutes or so, fixed! I believe this same method could work with other BI Studio component launch issues, e.g. Information Map Studio.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If it is a Java version issue then usually all SAS Java clients don't work including Info Map Studio. Does SAS Management Console work?

Also check what version of Java is installed - easiest to check in Internet Explorer.

DrDuane
Calcite | Level 5

Info map studio and management console both launch. OLAP Cube Studio is the only one that aborts on launch. I have Java v. 6.0.240.7 Don't know if there is a version that lives harmoniously with all modules.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You appear to have the right Java version for 9.3:

http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/v93/jres.html

Time for a SAS Support track if you haven't already done so?

DrDuane
Calcite | Level 5

I have a support track going, but no answers or suggestions yet.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Another thought, have a look in the OLAP Cube Studio client logs to see if there are any errors being recorded:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidaag/63126/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1p7ubj0ljg95un1j2h...

DrDuane
Calcite | Level 5

I figured out how to fix it myself. I went into the add-remove programs > right click on OLAP Cube Studio > Choose "Repair Program". After waiting 10 minutes or so, fixed! I believe this same method could work with other BI Studio component launch issues, e.g. Information Map Studio.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The best thing to do is not using the default installed java but building it with a jpre .

By that you are not dependent an java updates that are included in a Webbrowser.

Every tool of sas has a lot of fixes to be applied after installation. Sometimes fixes are causing new problems the combination has to be verified by the guys doing the installation. It should have an approach for applying updates conforming a change management process.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation