BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I have a cube in which I need to restrict access on a row-level. The dimension / hierarchie / level are pictured in the image below:

image.png

Now what I already got: I can add the MDX statement to the dimension on the correct user group but the statment seems to be wrong and I hope that somebody here can help me:

For the group named 125 the statement looks like this:

{[Kunden_Dim].[Kunden_GS_DIM].[Alle Kunden_GS_DIM],[Kunden_Dim].[Kunden_GS_DIM].[Alle Kunden_GS_DIM].[ ],[Kunden_Dim].[Kunden_GS_DIM].[Alle Kunden_GS_DIM].[ ].[125],Descendants([Kunden_Dim].[Kunden_GS_DIM].[Alle Kunden_GS_DIM].[ ].[125])}

Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom

Kind Regards

Criptic

3 REPLIES 3
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Criptic

Check this SAS Global Forum (SGF) paper Enhancements for Managing SAS® OLAP Server in SAS® 9.2

Page 9 onwards of this paper, addresses the steps to setup MDX for Row-Level security.

Here is an additional paper Secure SAS® OLAP Cubes with Top Secret Permissions

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you @AhmedAl_Attar I will check both of these out

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation