BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I have a cube in which I need to restrict access on a row-level. The dimension / hierarchie / level are pictured in the image below:

image.png

Now what I already got: I can add the MDX statement to the dimension on the correct user group but the statment seems to be wrong and I hope that somebody here can help me:

For the group named 125 the statement looks like this:

{[Kunden_Dim].[Kunden_GS_DIM].[Alle Kunden_GS_DIM],[Kunden_Dim].[Kunden_GS_DIM].[Alle Kunden_GS_DIM].[ ],[Kunden_Dim].[Kunden_GS_DIM].[Alle Kunden_GS_DIM].[ ].[125],Descendants([Kunden_Dim].[Kunden_GS_DIM].[Alle Kunden_GS_DIM].[ ].[125])}

Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom

Kind Regards

Criptic

3 REPLIES 3
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Criptic

Check this SAS Global Forum (SGF) paper Enhancements for Managing SAS® OLAP Server in SAS® 9.2

Page 9 onwards of this paper, addresses the steps to setup MDX for Row-Level security.

Here is an additional paper Secure SAS® OLAP Cubes with Top Secret Permissions

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you @AhmedAl_Attar I will check both of these out

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation