BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vineet7878
Fluorite | Level 6

hi, we have an older version of SAS and we are considering to upgrade to latest SAS version 9.4m6. By any chance does anyone know when the next version, perhaps 9.4m7 is going to release. If it is coming out anytime soon then we would wait for the next version rather than install 9.4m6. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @vineet7878 

I think SAS releases its software every 6 months. However it doesn't mean it will release the Minor, Major version during that time frame. While M6 was released on Nov 2018, over the time there could be several sub product version release or updates on M6. So to confirm if any recent release has any major changes would really depend on what products are licensed at your site.

If you are looking for an official answer that would help you decide weather to upgrade to M6 or not, I would suggest you to reach out to your account exec. to help you check with this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@vineet7878  - Please note there have been several updates within 9.4M6 over the last 12 months, including one late last year. It is always possible that this might continue for a while longer.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @vineet7878 

I think SAS releases its software every 6 months. However it doesn't mean it will release the Minor, Major version during that time frame. While M6 was released on Nov 2018, over the time there could be several sub product version release or updates on M6. So to confirm if any recent release has any major changes would really depend on what products are licensed at your site.

If you are looking for an official answer that would help you decide weather to upgrade to M6 or not, I would suggest you to reach out to your account exec. to help you check with this.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation