BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi I am using windows desktop SAS version 9.3 TS level 1M2 and need to setup metadata server in order to test & build java web application to interact with SAS via integration technologies. I have tried several options in SAS integration technologies configuration wizard but unable to successfully test the server.

Meanwhile I read somewhere that metadata server can be viewed/setup in SAS management console. I am unable to open SAS management console in regular mode or safe mode. Even sas deployment manager doesn't open, although deployment manager opens in windows safe mode/. I have following java versions installed.

Java 7 Update 71

Java 6 Updates 24

Java 6 Updates 45

Java 6 Updates 45 64bit

Java 6 development kit 6 update 45

Java 6 development kit 6 update 45 64bit

I have spent a lot of time trying different things but no success yet. Please help.

Thanks

Vneet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The SAS metadata server can only be installed as part of a SAS BI server setup. This can be done on a single machine, even a PC as in your case. Here is a useful link to learn more:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bismig/67707/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p05ebisinglemach00...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

For a quick resolution to a question like this, open a track with Technical Support. For information on other ways to contact Tech Support, refer to: http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/index.html

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS Management Console requires a working metadata server to connect to. If you don't have one, then SMC is not going to work.

Also a metadata server on its own is not much use without a workspace server plus if you are doing web-based work in SAS you will require a mid-tier server environment as well.

You appear to only have SAS 9.3 on a desktop - is this correct or do you also have access to SAS BI server as well? If you are not familiar with SAS's BI server technology then here is a good starting point to learn more:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/intellplatform/tabs/install94.html

vineet7878_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SASKiwi, I have following software installed on desktop and BI server is not one of them.

*PRODNUM000 = BASE Base SAS;

*PRODNUM001 = STAT SAS/STAT;

*PRODNUM002 = GRAPH SAS/GRAPH;

*PRODNUM119 = EGUIDE SAS Enterprise Guide;

*PRODNUM538 = WKSPSRVLOCAL SAS Workspace Server for Local Access;

I have middle tier running on tomcat server. I am able to interface SAS with VBA & JAVA directly via SAS Zero configuration server in integration technologies. I am struggling with sspiauth.dll while accessing SAS via tomcat server. It seems I don't need to worry about it while using SAS metadata server. Now I just need to metadata server to be up & running to get my same mid-tier work with SAS.. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The SAS metadata server can only be installed as part of a SAS BI server setup. This can be done on a single machine, even a PC as in your case. Here is a useful link to learn more:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bismig/67707/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p05ebisinglemach00...

vineet7878_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, I am going to check licensing requirements for BI server. Meanwhile just one final question. I am unable to successfully include SAS's zero configuration server dll file - sspiauth.dll while accessing SAS via tomcat server. I have windows & x64 machine and using java 32 bit in tomcat server. Somehow it doesn't work with Tomcat server, otherwise it works directly with java. I am not sure if I am missing something. Should I contact SAS technical support to get the setup right.

Vineet

SASKiwi
PROC Star

It is a good idea to contact Tech Support. Your set up is not very common so they would be your best bet.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation