BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

We're upgrading from SAS 9.3/Windows Server 2008 to SAS9.4/Windows Server 2012.

I know that Tanuki Java Service Wrapper have changed their licensing such that the 64-bit wrapper.exe is no longer free.

SAS are using the 32-bit community edition wrapper for a number of their Java web applications, even on 64-bit Windows.

Are there any performance implications with this approach?  I assume no, unless a Java web application required > 4GB of memory, but just want to confirm.

Thanks...

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
1 REPLY 1
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Interesting question as the xmx option

- SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.2: Graph Template Language Reference, Second Edition

- http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/appsrvtuning/66878/PDF/default/appsrvtuning.pdf

- 42904 - 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space' when running a SAS® Data Integration Studio jo...

- and others  (many times)

Is mentioned to be increased as out of memory conditions.

This changes the question to the one. SAS applications can run with a limited amount of memory.

Using those SAS applications you have to specify the upper limit for your application. Can you run your applications with that limited amount of memory      

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation