BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AdamBre
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

We've recently deployed SAS 9.4 with the Financial Management components (version 5.5).   We are at TS1M5 as of today and looking to see what version of Apache Struts we have.  

I've followed some google-foo and the struts-core.jar files shows something of a 1.x specification but I feel that's awfully low.   This is a security concern of ours (sound familiar?) so we're looking for something that's identifiable at this maintenance level.

Again - just looking for the struts version that SAS is at with 9.4 TS1M5 by default.  We have very little customization.   Please also know I'm not a SAS person but an infrastructure person helping search this out.

For further clarity, we use the VA Hub to launch documentation within Excel and use the add-in to upload. We also use FM Studio, Data Integration, and a few other things (The Financial Management web portal too).   I believe these all uses the Apache services their core.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Edit:  Further clarification of what we have.

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @AdamBre,

I think your question should be answered by a SAS developer, hence, SAS Technical Support should be, probably, your best way to address it.

As previous Java developer (not at SAS 🙂 ), I can tell you that you can always search for the struts-config.xml in your web application and check the version actually used by the application. Or in the MANIFEST file, inside the META-INF folder.

An example:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4021995/how-to-find-the-struts-version-being-used-in-a-project

alexal
SAS Employee

@AdamBre,

SAS is using the custom version of Apache Struts.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

@alexal,

I feel curious, do you have details about custom version of Strut 2? What aspects have been customized?

alexal
SAS Employee

@JuanS_OCS,

I do not have such information.

alexal
SAS Employee

@JuanS_OCS,

I've corrected my original statement about the version number.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation