BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It all boils down to this: at a certain point in time, an admin-to-be has to decide to either become proficient at her job, or turn into another impersonation of Mordac the Preventer. I'm much in favor of option #1, and if that isn't possible because of workload, then a dedicated sysadmin (who lives up to that appellation) is needed.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Thanks @Quentin for clarification, and it makes sense. Of course you need to align your OS rights with your meta data authorization, but I can't see that as a heavy task. Especially when you have the setup described by the OP when no user are allowed to access server outside their SAS tools.
Data never sleeps
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hello @MRSA,

Thank you for starting this discussion. It has generated a lot of great discussion and views. In order to help others, would you mind picking a response which has been most helpful to you and marking it as the Accepted Solution? Alternatively, you can create a reply, summarize the findings and mention the users who have been most helpful...then mark it as the Accepted Solution.

Thanks for helping make this a vibrant SAS community.

Best,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
MRSA
Fluorite | Level 6

@ShelleySessoms

Hi Shelley, it has indeed been nice to hear from experts on this topic. I have been working on a summary and will post it once done.

Regards

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 11 in conversation