BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ksmith
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I am very new to administering SAS. When mapping metadata folders to a phyiscal directory on the linux server, can the phyiscal directories be anywhere on the server? Or do they need to be located under the Metadata server directory? I have searched the communities but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Kathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Metadata folders exist solely in metadata, they have no connection to the physical file system.

Some objects stored in metadata will have a physical location assigned (like libraries or the repository for the stored process codes), but not the folder structure itself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Metadata folders exist solely in metadata, they have no connection to the physical file system.

Some objects stored in metadata will have a physical location assigned (like libraries or the repository for the stored process codes), but not the folder structure itself.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If you are new as a SAS admin you should benefit from taking a SAS Platform Administration training.

When designing the metadata folder tree you should involve any SAS solution architect or anyone with a similar role.
Data never sleeps
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Kathy,

You may also find it useful to read @angieh's SAS Global Forum paper "Getting Started with Designing and Implementing a SAS 9.4 Metadata and File System Security Design" to help guide your SAS metadata and file system security design. https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Global-Forum-2017/If-you-are-interested-in-SAS-Metadata-Security-...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation