BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Hi,

After installing SAS 9.4 on Win7-32, I uninstalled version 9.3 and somehow lost the ability to call sasdocviewer.exe from Windows Start menu. I can still get help from inside SAS but the standalone help viewer brings up an empty page. What's broken? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

PG

PG
4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Thanks SASKiwi, but no, the problem is elsewhere. The SAS doc viewer cannot find the help info.It displays a Page Not Found message. It seems to have lost the help info location ever since I uninstalled SAS 9.3.

PG

PG
SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK. This note is quite helpful :

http://support.sas.com/kb/53/184.html

It looks like SAS 9.4 WINHELP can only be installed as part of the SAS 9.4 install. I suppose you could install 9.4 again to fix your problem or you could open a track with Tech Support.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Yes, thanks again. I guess I'll try to reinstall SAS 9.4 when I have lots of free time...Smiley Happy

PG

PG

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation