BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Hi,

After installing SAS 9.4 on Win7-32, I uninstalled version 9.3 and somehow lost the ability to call sasdocviewer.exe from Windows Start menu. I can still get help from inside SAS but the standalone help viewer brings up an empty page. What's broken? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

PG

PG
4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Thanks SASKiwi, but no, the problem is elsewhere. The SAS doc viewer cannot find the help info.It displays a Page Not Found message. It seems to have lost the help info location ever since I uninstalled SAS 9.3.

PG

PG
SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK. This note is quite helpful :

http://support.sas.com/kb/53/184.html

It looks like SAS 9.4 WINHELP can only be installed as part of the SAS 9.4 install. I suppose you could install 9.4 again to fix your problem or you could open a track with Tech Support.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Yes, thanks again. I guess I'll try to reinstall SAS 9.4 when I have lots of free time...Smiley Happy

PG

PG

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation