BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi together,

On Midtier (SASServer1_1)  I looked on the logs on Catalina.out  it states this file (core.3841491) is at this location(/home/sas/core or core.3841491) but it does not exist at all on my environment.

Anyone who has an idea where this file might be stored.

Astro597_0-1656663098726.png

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You could check the system log (/var/log/messages) for any related messages to determine when or why it was deleted/moved.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Core dumps tend to be very large, could it be that it was deleted?
--
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Gwotton,

so there could be a script on the background that deletes large files exceeding a certain space,

I did try to reach out to the linux team no one seem to be clued about this file,

if that is the case  then I need to know who/why/how the file disappears.

anyhow for now have not found it still searching 😞

But Thanks. 

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You could check the system log (/var/log/messages) for any related messages to determine when or why it was deleted/moved.
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation