BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Willem991
Calcite | Level 5

I am having a bit of trouble updating my sas license key that results in the following error message after running the utility as admin and clicking the renew button:

ERROR: Unrecognized SAS option name C:\USERS\WILLEM~1\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\TEMP1\SIAUTO.SAS.
ERROR: Unrecognized SAS option name ϻ�-SYSI
N.ERROR: (SASXKRIN): KERNEL RESOURCE INITIALIZATION FAILED.
ERROR: Unable to initialize the SAS kernel.

And then a message appears which states that there was a problem applying the setinit file.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Contacting tech support is recommended.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Willem991 wrote:

I am having a bit of trouble updating my sas license key that results in the following error message after running the utility as admin and clicking the renew button:

ERROR: Unrecognized SAS option name C:\USERS\WILLEM~1\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\TEMP1\SIAUTO.SAS.
ERROR: Unrecognized SAS option name ϻ�-SYSI
N.ERROR: (SASXKRIN): KERNEL RESOURCE INITIALIZATION FAILED.
ERROR: Unable to initialize the SAS kernel.

And then a message appears which states that there was a problem applying the setinit file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like somewhere along the way, an ASCII minus sign was replaced with a UTF minus sign in the shell script.

Did you do any edits yourself, using anything but a simple text editor?

Willem991
Calcite | Level 5
No not that I remember, any way that I can fix it?
sandeeppajni2
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi

Check if the path where license file is placed has any issues or if the license file is renamed

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation