BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
S_Burggraaff
Calcite | Level 5

Can anyone tell me which SAS return codes result in what LSF exit codes? For instance, I've got a return code of 4 that results in LSF exit code 1. But an error in another job results in exit code 21. What is the logic behind this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

LSF exit codes don't necessarily line up with SAS return codes. We have had problems with LSF returning non-zero return codes but the SAS log is clean. I've found Googling LSF exit codes quite useful.

I would definitely not rely on LSF exit codes to indicate if the SAS job failed or not. To me there is no substitute for examining the batch SAS logs. Do you not have access to these as they just text files in a log folder.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

LSF does not run SAS code. LSF runs OS scripts (unix shell types) that are calling the SAS system to run SAS code.

It is the OS script that returns the exit code review that one.  Scalability Community: SAS® Platform Notes  

---->-- ja karman --<-----
S_Burggraaff
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Jaap. Unfortunately I don’t have the authorization to check the sasbatch script. But when I look at the example script then that looks like the exit codes we are seeing in our batch.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

LSF exit codes don't necessarily line up with SAS return codes. We have had problems with LSF returning non-zero return codes but the SAS log is clean. I've found Googling LSF exit codes quite useful.

I would definitely not rely on LSF exit codes to indicate if the SAS job failed or not. To me there is no substitute for examining the batch SAS logs. Do you not have access to these as they just text files in a log folder.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

IBM Knowledge Center (LSF 9.1.3 exit codes) Also there the logic is release dependent .

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation