BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Just need to understand , how the user restriction for LSF to be defined in SMC.

Currently there are two users I have created in SMC. After scheduling the flow in SMC and in flow manager , I want one of the user can re run the job in LSF/flow manager and I don't want another user to re run the job if there is a failure. I want this user to view the login to flowmanager and view the schedule.

Is there any group already defined in SMC for this specific requirement?

Thank in Advance.

2 REPLIES 2
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

To define users to be able to rerun flows (but not create or delete them) you can define them as JS_CONTROL_ADMINS. This is done in the js.conf file. See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSZSHQ_10.1.0/source/js.conf.5.html for details. Other users will not be able to do this unless they are defined in JS_ADMINS or the owner of the flow, but they will be able to view the flows.

Be sure to restart jfd after making changes to js.conf.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation