BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Doris1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi There,

I've had issues with Java for the past week. I tried different fixes, but none worked: (http://support.sas.com/kb/59/113.html), (http://support.sas.com/kb/48/548.html), (https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/SAS-9-4-Java-Issues/td-p/228908), and 9.3 fixes. In addition, I completed uninstalled SAS and re-installed it, but I still get this error:

ERROR: The Java child process terminated unexpectedly: status -1073741502.
ERROR: Failed to attach to Java during SAS startup.

I have Java 8 update 131 installed on my computer. I am using Windows 10 Pro. The version of SAS that is currently installed on my computer is 9.4 WX64 (TS1M3).

Please let me know if you have an idea about what to do.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This is a known problem that was introduced with the Microsoft Windows 10 "Creators" update.  SAS has issued a fix to solve the issue for SAS 9.4 customers.  Microsoft may also address the problem in a future update.  The SAS hot fix is designed to solve the issue independent of any future Windows fix.

The problem is described in this SAS Note.  See the "Hot Fix" tab for the fix download links.

See also the solution details in this SAS Support Communities thread.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I believe you're htting this problem with the Windows 10 Creators update.  See the thread for a SAS note and some possible workarounds.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Doris1
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Chris for your reply! I read the thread and tried a couple of suggested workarounds, but the problem persists.

I am glad to know that SAS technical support is actively working on this. I am currently using SAS University to generate graphs while waiting for a permanent fix from SAS. Best 🙂

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This is a known problem that was introduced with the Microsoft Windows 10 "Creators" update.  SAS has issued a fix to solve the issue for SAS 9.4 customers.  Microsoft may also address the problem in a future update.  The SAS hot fix is designed to solve the issue independent of any future Windows fix.

The problem is described in this SAS Note.  See the "Hot Fix" tab for the fix download links.

See also the solution details in this SAS Support Communities thread.

Doris1
Fluorite | Level 6

Just wanted to provide an update: SAS is now running properly (produces plots). I did not do anything (like applying hotfixes)!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you had any Windows updates since you had the problem? MS usually patches Windows monthly so that might be the source of the fix.

Doris1
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes. I have had a number of Windows Update since I posted the initial comment. Windows updates were KB4022405, KB4022725,  KB4025342, and KB4034674. I have no idea when exactly the issue got fix.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation