BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wiko86
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding the Upgrade from 9.4 TS1M1 to TS1M3.

We have been running sas 9.4 TS1M1 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for quite a while now. Now we are moving to a new server running Windows 2012 R2. My Question is, if there are issues/problems/bugs when moving to TS1M3. All I can find is which Issues are solved by upgrading to M3. Now I need to know which new Issues arrise with moving.

Can anyone help me?

7 REPLIES 7
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
The SAS defects database is not public, so there's no official list. You're only shot will be to engage SAS and have them compare your site specifics with any reported problems. Doubt if it's worth the effort.
Install/migrate your dev/test environment first in a structured fashion would be more efficient.
Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In addition to @LinusH's excellent advice, the best approach is simply to do a separate server install (as you are doing) and then test all of your applications in the new SAS 9.4 TS1M3 environment including comparing output with your current SAS environment.

It is near impossible to know what problems you might strike in advance as every SAS site is different. You will only find out the issues relevant to you by testing.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

you could check the SAS notes for "update M3", or any other keywords that include a search for M3 and upgrade/update.

See http://support.sas.com/notes/index.html

Thanks

Anja

maggiem_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @wiko86

You might find some issues in SAS 9.4 Guide to Software Updates, which is the formal guide to upgrading your deployment. Be sure to go through all the applicable products in "Product Details and Requirements."

Cheers,

maggie

error_prone
Barite | Level 11

Had some trouble with automatically reconfigured metadata backups when migrating from 9.4m1 to 9.4m3. After installing 9.4m1 metadata backup was setup using the new command line tools and not SMC, that way we were able to store additional directories together with the metadata. After upgrading to m3 anything was reset to factory defaults: metadata backup was performed sundays only. 

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

you can modify the scheduling time either via SASMC or Environment Manager.

In M3, you'll find the administrator plug-in for Env Manager, and underneath there, the Deployment Backup and Recovery tool.

This is where you can change/adjust the scheduling settings.

Alternatively, you could go to SASMC, Metadata Manager, Metadata Utilities, Server Backup, right click, Schedule.

Is this what you are referring to?

Thanks

Anja

anja
SAS Employee

In addition to my last post about the back, here is a YouTube video on interactively backup up your environment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbKJ1hQYLbQ&index=1&list=PLVBcK_IpFVi80HeTBtFZ7pubwoBBATBHE

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation