BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aasth
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We have SAS 9.4 Maintenance release 6 on AIX . We upgrade to maintenance release 6 on our Development Server recently.

We have users that use SAS enterprise Guide 7.13 and 7.15 on their PC to connect to Dev Server. Before the upgrade users could run this piece of code and see the tables under libraries:

Code 1:

%macro D_DB(DBREF,DB,SCHEMA);

%include "/sasdata/shared/D_Libref.sas";

%mend D_DB;

%D_DB(AMIHA,CDD,AMIHA);

Now, after Dev is upgraded this code still executes fine but when the users try to access the table it keeps loading . Please see the screenshot below:

Output for Code 1:

1.jpg2.png

However, what’s strange is this code works perfectly fine when we have another piece of code after that.

Code 2:

%macro D_DB(DBREF,DB,SCHEMA);

%include "/sasdata/shared/D_Libref.sas";

%mend D_DB;

%D_DB(AMIHA,CDD,AMIHA);

PROC SQL;

CREATE TABLE work.BX_HA_CANCELLED_GRPS_1 AS

SELECT DISTINCT GROUP_NBR,

INPUT(PUT(YMDEND,8.),ANYDTDTE19.) AS GRP_CAN_DT FORMAT=DATE9.,

REASON

FROM AMIHA.GROUP_SPAN T1

WHERE T1.TRANSCODE = 'TM' AND T1.VOID = ''

/*AND REASON= 'TG' */

AND T1.YMDEND NOT = 99991231

;

QUIT;

Output for Code 2:

3.jpg4.png

I have also attached both the logs with this email.

Note: Both Codes work on our Prod and Test servers that are not upgraded yet.

Are we missing something for setup for macros?

7 REPLIES 7
Quentin
Super User

It looks like your macro ran fine, but hard to say what's going on because you didn't show what's in the include file.  Is it just a single libname statement?

I would try just submitting the libname statement in EG (without macro, without include), to see if you can replicate the problem.

The Boston Area SAS Users Group (BASUG) is hosting our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18!
This full-day event in Cambridge, Mass features four presenters from SAS, presenting on a range of SAS 9 programming topics. Pre-registration by Oct 15 is required.
Full details and registration info at https://www.basug.org/events.
Aasth
Quartz | Level 8
Yes, the file just has a filename statement to connect to database. the code runs fine on other environments.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Perhaps your include file is missing something and it is leaving the session hanging.

Does it work if you just run a do nothing data step after the macro call? (or in the macro itself after the %include)?

%D_DB(AMIHA,CDD,AMIHA);
data _null_; run;

Did you update SAS also or just Enterprise Guide?  From what version to what version?

Aasth
Quartz | Level 8
upgraded SAS all well from SAS9.4M3 to SAS9.4M6 on AIX. I will try running it with the do nothing step
Aasth
Quartz | Level 8
Still cannot access the tables after including the data step
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I would try running the generated LIBNAME statement (without the macro and %include file) and see if that changes anything. That way you can decide if it is the libref itself or the macro that is causing the issues.

Is the code that seemed to wake it up accessing the libref that generated LIBNAME statement created?

Most likely some system default has changed with the new SAS installation and it is making the connection not work right for EG.

You will probably need to contact SAS support directly.

Aasth
Quartz | Level 8

I tried using a simple libnames statement. It successfully assigns the tables but the libraries keep loading when I try to see it. on the left panel

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation