BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bconlin
Calcite | Level 5

I have two versions of SAS running on a z/OS v2.1 system; v9.1.3 and v9.2.  The doc isn't precise but seems to say that although

these versions will support OpenSSH (Ported Tools for z/OS) for encryption, they do not support the FIPS-140 standard without the

addition of the separately licensed and installed SAS/SECURE product.  My other choice would be to migrate to v9.4 at which the SAS/SECURE product is part of the SAS/Base code.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in Advance!

B.

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @bconlin,

you will need SAS/SECURE indeed, on any operating system, indeed. I do not think you need to upgrade to 9.4 due to this reason (just be sure you get this module). But it is also true it is a good idea to migrate/upgrade to get full level of support from SAS.

In other hand, I am not quite sure if FIPTS-140 is even possible on z/OS. I have seen documentation for Unix/Linux and Windows systems only.

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/272.html

Perhaps it would be a good idea to share this question with SAS technical support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation