BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Knutk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

When installing SAS/IML Studio on 9.4 TS1M7 I get an issue since last IML Studio version is for 9.4 TS1M6.

The deployment wizard detects newer files in SAS home, lists them and an OK brings me back to the Specify SAS Home window with location path greyed out. Is there an easy way around this?

Best wishes,

Knut Korsbrekke

4 REPLIES 4
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi Knut,

As per the snap in the document attached SAS deployment wizard has detected few components in current sashome to be of latest version to what is available in the software depot you are using to install. That is the reason it gives an warning. Please advise if the software depot you are using is of recent download? If not, you will have to download the latest one.

You can generate deployment registry to get the version currently installed to compare it with the version in the software depot.

If the version of any components in software depot is lower than that of currently installed you will have to request for a latest software depot.
Knutk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

The main software depot is the latest (TS1M7).

I am trying to add SAS/IML studio and the last version there is TS1M6. In the download page it is stated in red that:

NOTE: This release of SAS/IML Studio only works with SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) or a later release.

My software is of a later release and the deployment wizard dislikes that.

Best wishes,

Knut

Knutk
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

The main software depot is the latest (TS1M7).
I am trying to add SAS/IML studio and the last version there is TS1M6. In the download page it is stated in red that:
NOTE: This release of SAS/IML Studio only works with SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) or a later release.
My software is of a later release and the deployment wizard dislikes that.

Best wishes,

Knut

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

I am not sure if I got it right, but your main software was installed using depot of version 9.4 M7 and you are adding SAS/IML using a depot of version 9.4 M6?
If that's the case it won't work. You will need to have a depot of same release and usually when any components are added or removed, it has to be done on the same order and the software depot has to be downloaded again to reflect the correct products.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation