BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
paulinalawson
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Community,

We have a user requesting for following access. Could anyone please help how to enable this?

"Either establish a connection within Excel to SAS using a data provider or install the Excel add in where we can link the SAS data sets to financial models.  This will eliminate the need to update queries in SAS and copy them into the models. " 

Environment Information:

Version=9.4_M2
Operating system=Windows Server 2008 R2 6.1

All of the following products have valid dates.

SAS Product Info.PNG

Thanks for your help.

Paulina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You either need to make your SAS depot available on the user's computer, so you can install the Add-In with the SDW, or you copy the standalone installer to the user's computer and use that.

paulinalawson
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Kurt,

Thank you so much for your solution. 

I have installed the SAS Add-In for excel in my machine and it's working fine. I have Windows 7 OS and Microsoft Office was installed from a "Professional Plus 2013".

But when I installed same Add-In for the user who requested, I'm not able to see the SAS Add-In on his excel. 

I have tried multiple ways.. like managing COM Add-ins, Disabled items, but couldn't find SAS Add-In.

This user has Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office has been installed from "Office 365 ProPlus"  

I read this issue is familiar with Office 365 ProPlus  http://support.sas.com/kb/53/764.html.

I have also tried adding the Add-in file manually, but it's not taking. And when I run the "SwitcherUtility" file I'm getting this error.  

"SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office has not finished initialization yet. Please invoke Microsoft Office to complete the initialization of the SAS Add-In."

Could you please help me if there's any workaround for this issue?

Thanks Again!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you installing from a SAS 9.4M2 depot? If so I suspect you might need to use a later maintenance release for Win 10 / Office 365 support. Getting the latest M6 is probably best.

paulinalawson
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, I'm using 9.4_M2. I'll install M6 and see.

Thank you so much for your help! 

Vadivelu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

After installing M6, is the issue resolved ? 

Thanks !!

paulinalawson
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Yes, the issue has been resolved with M6.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation