BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Krishnadeep
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,
I have a question regarding SAS enterprise miner. Can anyone explain how to install and configure SAS enterprise miner and also the it's installation strategy for compute metadata and mid-tier server . Like how can we connect sas application with these applications server , metadata and mid- tier server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
It is all explained in the documentation: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emag/15.3/titlepage.htm
Krishnadeep
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, I have one question what is installation media?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Installation media is the storage onto which your SAS Software Depot has been downloaded. Typically this will be a shared network folder that can be accessed from all of the computers you intend to install SAS on.

Krishnadeep
Calcite | Level 5
Hi , could you please tell me about setuid.sh why we need it ??
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The setuid.sh script sets the suid bit on certain binaries so they can run as root. More information can be found here:
Usage Note 15231: SAS® modules that must have the setuid bit set to root in the UNIX environment
https://support.sas.com/kb/15/231.html
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Krishnadeep
Calcite | Level 5
I have one question during the sas deployment when we will get the setupid.sh ?? And it will come with the sas package??
Krishnadeep
Calcite | Level 5
Hi , I have installed sas e miner and sas enterprise guide ..
I am running a sas code on EG but the
%LET_SASPROGRAMFILEHOST=;
%LET_CLIENTPROJECTPATH =;
And other automatic variables are not resolving..could you pls tell me where I can find those variable ?
And how to update these variable..

Need to complete this task as soon as possible
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

They should be automatically set when you save the eg project. Please see https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/clientprojectpath-and-clientprojectname-both-mis....

Suggestion: Please don't post to a thread that has a solution with a new question! If you have a question related to a thread that has been marked as solved you should open a new post. In that post you can refer (include a link) to the solved thread. Reason: Some if not most viewers will not look at additional posts for solved threads.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you been asked to do such an install? SAS server installations are best done by experienced SAS installers who have detailed SAS architectural knowledge. If your organisation does not have such expertise then getting external consulting help is the best option.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation