BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I want to install the SAS MC windows client and I am not able to find it anywhere. The SAS Depot has only the standalone install for SAS Enterprise guide. Below is all that I see under "standalone_installs" in SAS depot. I don't see the SAS Management console. 

SAS_Add-in_for_Microsoft_Office_Independent_Installer

SAS_Enterprise_Guide_Independent_Installer

SAS_Core_Embedded_Process_Package_for_Hadoop

SAS_Core_Embedded_Process_Package_for_Teradata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stefan_Giuros1
SAS Employee

As contributors said before, there is no stand-alone installer for SAS Management Console. You may want to try the following procedure:

1. Make the SAS depot accessible to your workstation, either by copying it or by using a shared folder.

2. As a local administrator on the workstation, execute, from SAS depot directory, setup.exe.

3. Choose the language, or accept English by default.

4. In "Select Deployment Task" window, choose "Install SAS Software" and click Next.

Note: at this point, if (a) you already have some SAS software already deployed on the workstation and (b) the SAS version of the depot is newer than the SAS version deployed, then SAS Deployment Wizard will ask you to update the existing SAS software deployed. You should allow updating and, when this process finishes, the SAS Deployment Wizard will close. You should launch it again at shown at point 2 above.

5. In "Select Deployment Type" window, choose "Install SAS Foundation and Related Software" and click Next.

6. In "Select Products to Install" window, do the following:

a. In "Products to Install" dropbox select "Clients Only"

b. Be sure that "SAS Management Console" checkbox is selected. You may want to un-check clients you do not need.

Something like:

screenshot.jpg

7. Click Next

8. In "Specify SAS Installation Data File" window, specify the SID file (it is OK to have the Linux SID) or leave the default selection.

9. In "Select Language Support" window, select languages you need.

10. Wait for "Checking System" windows to complete.

11. Perform deployment.

Hope this will help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Run the SAS Deployment Wizard. You can install SMC from there.

GoranV
Fluorite | Level 6

There is no stand-alone installer for SAS Management Console but it does not matter if your software order depot is for Linux or Windows as the thin clients included like SMC is supported on Windows and and the included SDW installer can be started on your windows client so you can install the client software included with your SAS platform.

Ishwarkumar
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi there,
If you run the sas deployment manager. There you will find the SMC. You
can tick that.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks everyone for the super prompt response!! 

So I did not find SASMC in the deployment manager. And yes @GoranV , we have SAS installed on linux servers, So the SW depot is on Linux. So do I have to copy the /SW_Depot from linux on to windows for me to install SASMC? 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Use the Deployment Wizard not Deployment Manager and no, you don't need to move the SAS Software Depot to Windows as long as you can access it from the PC you are installing on.

Stefan_Giuros1
SAS Employee

As contributors said before, there is no stand-alone installer for SAS Management Console. You may want to try the following procedure:

1. Make the SAS depot accessible to your workstation, either by copying it or by using a shared folder.

2. As a local administrator on the workstation, execute, from SAS depot directory, setup.exe.

3. Choose the language, or accept English by default.

4. In "Select Deployment Task" window, choose "Install SAS Software" and click Next.

Note: at this point, if (a) you already have some SAS software already deployed on the workstation and (b) the SAS version of the depot is newer than the SAS version deployed, then SAS Deployment Wizard will ask you to update the existing SAS software deployed. You should allow updating and, when this process finishes, the SAS Deployment Wizard will close. You should launch it again at shown at point 2 above.

5. In "Select Deployment Type" window, choose "Install SAS Foundation and Related Software" and click Next.

6. In "Select Products to Install" window, do the following:

a. In "Products to Install" dropbox select "Clients Only"

b. Be sure that "SAS Management Console" checkbox is selected. You may want to un-check clients you do not need.

Something like:

screenshot.jpg

7. Click Next

8. In "Specify SAS Installation Data File" window, specify the SID file (it is OK to have the Linux SID) or leave the default selection.

9. In "Select Language Support" window, select languages you need.

10. Wait for "Checking System" windows to complete.

11. Perform deployment.

Hope this will help.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks @Stefan_Giuros1 . Thanks for the detailed explanation:-) Appreciate your time. Yes, I was able to get the SASMC get installed. 

Stefan_Giuros1
SAS Employee

Glad you did it!

GoranV
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

Just to add to the instructions above, "install additional software" can also be used when installing clients like SMC and you would not need integration technologies for the SMC client.

If you running SAS 9.4 you might want to install "SAS configuration Manager" also, its a plugin for the SMC that allow you to interact with the Middle-tier applications and components if your environment has one.

smcconfigurationmanager.JPG

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 in conversation