BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We have migrated the Environment from SAS 9.1.3 to SAS 9.4 and now the jobs/flows/catalog are migrated to Prod Environment(9.4).

Now I want to migrate all the metadata available in Prod to other Environment . I need to understand , what are all the metadata objects to be migrated?

1. Flows

2. Jobs

3. Catalog(if available)

4. Libraries

Is there any Order should be used to migrate and any other things should be  added in the above list.

Note : Migration from 9.1.3 to 9.4 was done by others , so I didn't involve in that activities.Need to understand what activities should be carried out.

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewHowell

General recommendations for the sequence of migrating metadata objects:
1. Security objects (Access Control Templates, users, groups, roles)
2. Libraries
3. Tables
4. ETL flows
5. Mid-tier content (reports, etc)

Catalogs will most likely be required to be recompiled from their source on the target platform

For a 9.1 to 9.4 migration, security objects may have to be recreated. (And there were no roles in 9.1)

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Helannivas

You can follow the order as below.

ACTs

Groups

Roles

Users

Libraries

Jobs - Note that you create deployment directories before.

Flows

I am not sure on the catalogs.

Hope this helps,

Thanks.

A

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation