BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sudipta_goswami
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Gurus,

Is there any way we can trace which one to be the primary and secondary nodes in a clustered environment. This question is for all the tiers when we have clustered deployment.

So I want to know which is the 

1. Primary Metadata node

2. Primary Mid Tier node

3. Primary Compute node

I understand that during the installation there should be many documents made available. But still is there any way I can figure it out,

Please shed some light on this.

Regards,

Sudipta.

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

From a Metadata Server perspective, the primary node is known as the "master," and it can change in the case of failover.  You can determine the master node by following the instructions under Monitoring Clustered Metadata Servers at http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/68240/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1qmrerr6rvigxn132cn...

From a Middle Tier perspective, if you've forgotten which machine is your primary node, there are certain Web apps which are not clusterable, and therefore only live on the primary node.  You can find the list of such apps in the Exceptions to the Middle-Tier Cluster Support section of http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsdiff/66129/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1roydrale7528n1...

From a SAS Application Server (compute tier) perspective (I'm assuming you're not talking about SAS Grid Manager), there's not really a primary node.  You just have peer machines which host multiple servers (workspace, stored process, pooled workspace, etc.).

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sudipta_goswami
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Mark. 

The below link is not opening. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation