BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GPatel
Pyrite | Level 9

I am trying to install SAS EG from SAS Depot (as install additional software), and encountered issue shown in the attached file. 

I have verified that SAS Installer  and Administrator has Full Control (permission) on the parent folder (c:\programFiles\SASHome).

When I checked with proc setinit; run; it shows SAS Enterprise Guide as a part of SAS Products/components iist.

Successfully installed and tested SAS  BI components ( Dashboard, WEB Reports, Portal, ....) including SAS OLAP Cube, Informaion MAP studio.

Any clue? Trying to resolve issue.

SAS EG INSTALLATION.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

you are trying to install SAS 9,4 M3 on Program FIles\SASHome.

Is it possible that you had a previous SAS installation on that folder? Was it SAS 9.4? SAS 9.3?

If it is SAS 9,4, then you dont need to install, but to upgrade then install the remaining components you need.

If it is a previous version of SAS, I would recommend you to install on a different folder (as Program Files\SAS94 as an example).

And now, you installed previous components. But it needs to overwrite some files of your current installation:

Check that you are installing enterprise guide only. And if you can verify that, then the last thing is to do what @jklaverstijn corretly suggested.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @GPatel,

THis messages tells that certain files are locked. Most likely you have some SAS services still running. It is recommended and often required to shutdown all SAS activity on your system before you perform any maintenance like adding components. As this is a server you will probably have quite a few servcies running that can cause this message. 

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

you are trying to install SAS 9,4 M3 on Program FIles\SASHome.

Is it possible that you had a previous SAS installation on that folder? Was it SAS 9.4? SAS 9.3?

If it is SAS 9,4, then you dont need to install, but to upgrade then install the remaining components you need.

If it is a previous version of SAS, I would recommend you to install on a different folder (as Program Files\SAS94 as an example).

And now, you installed previous components. But it needs to overwrite some files of your current installation:

Check that you are installing enterprise guide only. And if you can verify that, then the last thing is to do what @jklaverstijn corretly suggested.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation