BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
littley
Fluorite | Level 6

Can anyone help me in how to package the content? we are moving from 9.3 to 9.4. we have 1 metadata server, 1 webserver and 2 grid node servers. Can any help to migrate the entire content of this environment? what are the steps to be followed? There is no change in the topology. We are just replicating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If no change on toplogy SMU is the most straightforward choice. Not 100% sure about all grid components but that should be specified in the documentation.
Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If no change on toplogy SMU is the most straightforward choice. Not 100% sure about all grid components but that should be specified in the documentation.
Data never sleeps
littley
Fluorite | Level 6

do we have to follow any rules to create packages using SMU? Can you tell how to create packages?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

An alternative to SMU is to use the SAS Management Console Export and Import SAS Package facility. This is useful if you want to selectively move content and test each package separately.

Please note that some content cannot be migrated from 9.3 to 9.4, for example user server definitions. Also batch job and scheduling definitions have to be set up from scratch.

Viraaj
Calcite | Level 5

SAS v9.2 onwards Migration utility comes with the SAS depot. I have done migration SAS 9.3 to 9.4 using utility. you can find utility .exe file under SAS depot  example: " D:\SAS 9.4\SAS94M3 Depot 21SEP2015\utilities\smu94".

All required steps on SAS 9.4 Migration document and this document you can find on SAS online documentation.

Please let me know, if you need any other information. I am happy to help.

Thanks,

Anil

littley
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Anil,

I don't have any prior experience with the migration. Actually we have
generated the analyses report. I don't know what to do next and how to do
next. consider me as fresher and please help me.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
dpage
SAS Employee

Start with

http://support.sas.com/rnd/migration/utility/upgrade.html#from93

and the linked docs. The specific instructions for running the SMU are covered in the 'Create the Migration Package' section of the 'Performing Pre-migration Tasks' chapter. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation