BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All, This is Asif

Background:

1) In a parallel install situation Lev1 and Lev2 of two different SAS software stack

2) We've successfully deployed Lev1 (SAS Metadata port 8561) and Lev2 (SAS Metadata port 8562) on the same server

3)  Now we want to switch Lev1 SAS Metadata port from existing 8561 to 8563 or 8564

What is the best way to change only port number of Lev1 SAS Metadata server?

Thank you in advance

Thanks,
Asif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

AFAIK there is no provision to change metadata server port after its installed and configured.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi Asif,

When you select configuration level 2 wizard automatically selects the ports that doesn't conflict with Lev1. Now since you have different SAS solutions being deployed on Lev1 and Lev2 you can check the pre-requirements documents to see if any of the ports conflict or not.

In a standard approach it shouldn't still its good to do the pre-work before doing the install to avoid deployment issues.

Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you @Anand_V for the reply,

I edited my question, please let me know what is your suggestion

Thanks,
Asif

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

AFAIK there is no provision to change metadata server port after its installed and configured.

Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you @Anand_V  for your help and Appreciated 

Thanks,
Asif

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation