BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
infomevijay
Obsidian | Level 7

How can I measure usage of ports by STP/PWS severs on my computer tier which runs on RHEL. If it is not possible to measure the usage of ports, is there a possibility to measure the requests served by each port. I am frequently running into connection timeouts on STP servers and would like to know what is my usage when I face a connection timeout error for STP server connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@infomevijay - I think you'll need to use network monitoring tools for this. SAS performance monitoring like Environment Manager doesn't go down to the level of collecting statistics on individual ports.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@infomevijay - I think you'll need to use network monitoring tools for this. SAS performance monitoring like Environment Manager doesn't go down to the level of collecting statistics on individual ports.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @infomevijay 

I agree with @SASKiwi  that you would need other tools in order to capture these stats. Most of these tools aren't accessible unless you are part of the team that manages your organizations infrastructure.

Since STP are usually launched by object spawners you can definitely track no of active connections to it using SAS Environment manager. You can also explore options to configure a service for which you can track stats in EVM.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation