BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mimran
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using SAS Viya 3.3 Analytics environment that includes multiple products. I can control user's data source access but not finding a way to control user's access of products such as Manage Themes, Manage Workflows, Manage Models, Build Models, Explore and Visualize data etc.

I am using LDAP/AD groups to control user access, for example; I have a AD group Programmers and I like to give them access to SAS Studio only but not Explore and Visualize Data. I am not finding a way within SAS that help me to get this done. 

Please guide me to a right direction so I can resolve this issue. I do appreciate your help and please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I would suggest starting with this topic in the SAS Viya 3.4 Administration Guide (even though you are on 3.3, the info should be the same).

Identity Management Reference

In particular, see the topic on Selected Rules That Affect Access to Functionality. SAS Studio is not listed in that table, but, looking in Environment Manager, the Object URI appears to be /SASStudioV/**

Then see Manage Access to Functionality for the steps for adjusting rules.

For information about how to see the functionality that is granted to Authenticated Users out of the box, see Initial Access for All Authenticated Users.

mimran
Fluorite | Level 6

@Madelyn_SAS I will look into your provided references. I am glad you said SAS Viya 3.4 because I am planning to install 3.4 early first quarter of next year. Thanks!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation