BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MereM
Calcite | Level 5

At our site we would like to make more use of the SAS Environment Manager and the logging/event options that are available for this.

as in: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/66790/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1cwge9d3xltpsn1opg7q...

I would like to customise the logging on the SAS Servers in the sev_logtracker_plugin.properties file. For most of my servers the sev_logtracker_plugin.properties file is available. Though it is missing for the MetadataServer.

I would have expected it under:

../config/Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer/sev_logtracker_plugin.properties

Who can help me with the following:

Where/When this should be created? (is this during EVManager install/config?)

How to fix/create this missing properties file? (I assume it cannot just be created and used without adjusting some further config options)

We Are on currently running

SAS 9.4 on Linux 3.0.101-107

Environment Manager 2.4

Kind regards,

Mere

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @MereM,

I think you got a good guess. probably the initialisation of EMI does not include the metadata server. It is possible that this plugin config is applicable only to full SAS compute machines.

I cannot help you here, sorry. I don't think this is a question of licensing, just scripting, hence perhaps SAS Technical Support can help you with this question.

If you get a solution, could you please share it with us, it can help other people with the same requirement!

thanks in advance,

Juan

Debi_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Did you get answer for this ? I  also don't see that property file in my env, and I want to use logging options . Can I create a new file with same name or need to do any configurations settings.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Have you enabled the SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture? I believe this adds these files and some default alerts on ERRORS in the log, etc.

Understanding SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/evcdc/2.5_M1/evug/p0md48tpfq4yy7n1xxqn0re5v30l.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation