BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MereM
Calcite | Level 5

At our site we would like to make more use of the SAS Environment Manager and the logging/event options that are available for this.

as in: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/66790/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1cwge9d3xltpsn1opg7q...

I would like to customise the logging on the SAS Servers in the sev_logtracker_plugin.properties file. For most of my servers the sev_logtracker_plugin.properties file is available. Though it is missing for the MetadataServer.

I would have expected it under:

../config/Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer/sev_logtracker_plugin.properties

Who can help me with the following:

Where/When this should be created? (is this during EVManager install/config?)

How to fix/create this missing properties file? (I assume it cannot just be created and used without adjusting some further config options)

We Are on currently running

SAS 9.4 on Linux 3.0.101-107

Environment Manager 2.4

Kind regards,

Mere

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @MereM,

I think you got a good guess. probably the initialisation of EMI does not include the metadata server. It is possible that this plugin config is applicable only to full SAS compute machines.

I cannot help you here, sorry. I don't think this is a question of licensing, just scripting, hence perhaps SAS Technical Support can help you with this question.

If you get a solution, could you please share it with us, it can help other people with the same requirement!

thanks in advance,

Juan

Debi_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Did you get answer for this ? I  also don't see that property file in my env, and I want to use logging options . Can I create a new file with same name or need to do any configurations settings.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Have you enabled the SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture? I believe this adds these files and some default alerts on ERRORS in the log, etc.

Understanding SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/evcdc/2.5_M1/evug/p0md48tpfq4yy7n1xxqn0re5v30l.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation