BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

How I could check these internal id's adminowner, vatadm and vdbadm credentials in sas? Is there any web url or SAS application where I could test these id's credentials?

Thanks,
Asif

11 REPLIES 11
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can do that in SAS Management Console.

Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8
I did try using SAS Management Console but no luck

Thanks,
Asif
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If they are not defined in User Manager in SMC then they don't exist as SAS-defined internal accounts - but please note SAS accounts are listed by their description so you have to check each of their accounts to see the actual user name.

Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8
FYI: I added one internal account adminowner using SAS Management Console. And I tried to login with that id adminowner but still not able to login using SAS Management Console.

Thanks,
Asif
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What metadata groups did you add for adminowner? At a minimum you would want the account in the SAS Administrators group.

Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8
Yes @SASKiwi, I assigned SAS Administrators group to this newly created internal id. But when I tried to logon using SAS Management Console this error msg appeared:

Error authenticating user adminowner in function LogonUser. Error 1326 (The user name or password is incorrect. ).
Access denied.
The application could not log on to the server "servername:8561". The user ID "adminowner" or the password is incorrect.

Thanks,
Asif
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Asif4862  - Please check your SMC connection profile. If you are using an internal account this has to be used along with the password instead of selecting the Windows Authentication option.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14
With this error in mind "Error authenticating user adminowner in function LogonUser. Error 1326 (The user name or password is incorrect. ) " , I suggest try changing the password.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

For purely internal user-IDs, you need to use the correct authentication domain, otherwise the metadata server will search the default authentication domain, which either queries the local operating system or a remote LDAP source.

So you need to use

username@saspw
JenniStephens
SAS Employee

FYI these accounts you mentioned are postgreSQL database accounts for the SAS WIP Data Server.. They are not SAS Metadata internal accounts that you use to access Metadata or that you can adjust in Mgt Console. The system uses them to store information about the Web Applications and the only time you'd use the logins directly is if you are manually logging into postgreSQL to update a table (something you'd normally only do under the direction of SAS Tech Support or SAS Professional Services).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation