BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

How can i check if we have license for SAS Share or not.

Because i am not able to start  sas share service from windows services and just want to check if we have license for sas share or not.

Also we are not able to find sas share in sid file nor in the output of setinit procedure.

Br,

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

proc setinit;run; -> what's licensed

proc product_status;run; -> what's installed.

@manial wrote:

Thanks for quick reply!!
I have checked in the sid file and setinit output but couldn't find these two, PRODNUM010 and PRODNUM035, mentioned there.

So if only these two products number linked to sas-share then we may not have license for sas share.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for quick reply!!
I have checked in the sid file and setinit output but couldn't find these two, PRODNUM010 and PRODNUM035, mentioned there.

So if only these two products number linked to sas-share then we may not have license for sas share.

Reeza
Super User

proc setinit;run; -> what's licensed

proc product_status;run; -> what's installed.

@manial wrote:

Thanks for quick reply!!

manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Ran the proc product_status, didn't found SAS/Share there.

Found SAS/Connect and others but not SAS/Share.

Best Regards,

m

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @manial,

I think that, thanks to @Reeza and @Kurt_Bremser tips, you could conclude you do not have license for SAS Share at this moment, hence you would need to request the module to your SAS Contracts manager , if you would like to use it.

manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes thanks to both  @Reeza and @KurtBremser got the required information that licensing and product installation needs to be looked at.

Have connected with sas support after suggested testing and verification, as previous license was having this product also the product num was also mentioned there. Looking into the SAS order.

Thanks,

m

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation